Monday 28 October 2013

Crazy Critters- Marc by Marc Jacobs



I’m not a huge fan of Marc by Marc Jacobs watches. Not really my style and nothing to really differentiate them from any other mid-range fashion watch brands out there. I do however love the playful, quirkiness of the brand itself and I’m pleased to see this perfectly embodied in the new Critters watches.



The Critters are a comically sad collection of animals including an owl, a sad little bull dog and what appears to be a stoned zebra. They all look a little morose but there is something very charming about the simple cases and bright, plain leather straps. They feature throughout Jacobs’ diffusion line, appearing on IPhone cases, bags and shoes.






Animal motifs have been quite popular this year. Olivia Burton demonstrated this in a more sophisticated, vintage style and ASOS picked up on this too with some own brand lines.

My favourite is the gold case cat with white leather strap. The colour combination is quite classic, making the Critter design  a lot more wearable for every day. I love Zebras, but I don’t think I could look at that glazed over face every time I want to check the time. 





The Critters are so much more exciting that previous offerings form the watch brand and follow the DNA of the MBMJ clothing and accessories range: fun, quirky, a little weird. 

All are £165 and can be purchased here. I love them and hope to see more Critters next season. Maybe a giraffe. Everyone loves a giraffe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment