Friday 11 October 2013

Vivienne Westwood AW13


The AW13 Vivienne Westwood Time Machine catalogue landed on my desk today and as ever I have spent far too long going through the newest offering form the Grand Dame of British fashion. The catalogue itself has been updated to sit alongside the styling of the main brands Red Label, Jewellery, MAN and Accessories look books but it is the watches themselves that really got my attention. Many of the previous collections bestsellers, including the Sloane* ceramic have been carried over as well as the core Orb and Orb II ranges.


The new ranges have been inspired by vintage jewellery pieces from the Vivienne Westwood archive and interpreted to have a more contemporary feel. Stand out pieces include the octagonal Ravenscourt, classic styles Westbourne and an update of the commercial Kensington has been re imagined from ceramic into steel with the new Kensington II, one of which has an interesting chocolate-brown plating and a hanging key charms.




Ravenscourt, featuring the iconic Vivienne Westwood Exhibition tartan, from £199






The Kensington II, all three at £210 



The Westbourne, classic time from £225


The real stand out piece for me however is the Horseshoe. The top half of the strap is attached to the small 23mm case with a hinged, equestrian style case attachment this curves really beautifully round the wrist. Top marks for originality.





 The men’s range has also been updated with the Bermondsey deserving 1st place in the mens-watch-I –want-for-myself category.




Most of the range can be purchased here from Goldsmiths 

I’ve always been a fan of Vivienne Westwood, not only for her designs but for her alternative and frankly inspiring activism on climate change and campaigns beyond the world on clothing. And anyone who believes “You have a more interesting life if you wear impressive clothes” is someone I want to take style inspiration from. I may not be quite able to dress myself in head to toe Viv's stuff yet, so in the meamtime her interpretations of modern woman’s timeware will have to satisfy.



*I have this in both colourways and cannot recommend it more. Apart from being very comfortable despite the large 38mm case, they also constantly receives compliments when I’m out and about.




No comments:

Post a Comment